Tuesday, August 14, 2012

DIY T-Shirt & Lace Infinity Scarf


Hello friends! 

I hope everyone had a great weekend and start to their week! Things have gotten a little busy with us but I did manage to craft a little something I’ve had in my head for a little while. 

Introducing the DIY t-shirt and lace infinity scarf! Woo! What a mouth full! But it’s super easy and super cute and fun. 


The hardest part for me was figuring out what shirt I wanted to cut up!

You’ll need an old shirt (preferably one that’s soft, like a jersey knit type feel), some lace fabric, and a sewing machine and you are good to go. 

The first thing I did was find a shirt and I cut the bottom off. You want to cut it pretty thick since it’ll be for a scarf, plus you can always error on the side of too much since you’ll be hemming it in anyway. 





After you cut the bottom off you’ll need to take the stitches out of one of the side seams. 





Now you need to cut some lace. I cut my lace slightly wider than my t-shirt since I was again going to hem it in. Also you’re gonna want to cut it as long as you want the lace section to be. I think mines maybe a foot.




Next you sew the lace’s ends to either end of where you took the seam out of the shirt bottom. Make sure the inside of the lace and shirt seams you create are on the same side as the other t-shirt seam we didn’t take out! 




Once you’ve sown the ends of the lace to the ends of your shirt you’ve created a big circle of fabric! Basically an infinity scarf! 

Now for some housekeeping.

Pin and hem the entire side of the scarf on the side that you cut off the shirt. So just pin all the way around both the shirt and the lace part and create a hem. Then on the other side you only need to hem the lace in to the same width of the shirts natural hem (which we never touched). 





After that just trim up the hems extra fabric, and cut your extra thread and you and good to go! 



Seriously, so easy. 



*please excuse the rough looking nail job! Today was my day to redo them, unfortunately that happen after my little crafting adventure ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment, I absolutely loving reading them. You guys are the best :)