Thursday, July 12, 2012

Make Your Own: Hamburger Buns


I must confess that I am TOTALLY obsessed with these hamburger buns! I have made them at least three times so far this summer, for burgers and also for some delicious pulled pork BBQ! You have to try them. The  only reason that take a while to make is because, like any other bread you’ll make, you have to let it sit and rise. Other than that this is really simple and so yummy. Did I mention they are also so pretty?!? 
I found this recipe on Pinterest (where else?!). I am totally obsessed with the search feature because I ALWAYS want a recipe with a picture, this way you can just scroll on through all the pictures and click on a few that look great and check them out. 
This recipe come from the blog Tide and Thyme and you can find the recipe HERE. My only notes are this; you DON’T have to just us sesame seed to top the buns try poppy seeds, minced onions, chives, salt & pepper, garlic...anything you think might be good and any combination. Also I have used whole wheat flour and it turned out great! I actually used whole wheat cause I was doubling the recipe and didn’t have much regular flour left, I used a little over half of the flour at whole wheat and all purpose white for the rest. 
You guys are wonderful, enjoy your summer and take these buns to your next cook out or BBQ! They will be a HIT. And as my husband loves to say when I make these, “I love your buns.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment, I absolutely loving reading them. You guys are the best :)