Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Honey Custard Blueberry Tart




While my husband is working night shift I tend to find myself with some extra free time and feeling the need to "earn my keep". One such thing I tend to do is bake...and by bake I mean everything I can think of. Plus it's always a nice surprise for the hubby when he comes home in the morning to see some tasty looking new dessert sitting on kitchen table. 
One of my most recent creations was a blueberry tart. I had these tart pans we got from our wedding registry and haven't broken them in yet! They worked out quite fabulously but John said he doesn't want me to use them again cause there are too many parts to rinse. That silly boy!
I found a pie crust recipe and made. Then I searched and found a honey custard tart filling recipe. {Super easy--milk, butter, egg, honey, vanilla} I rolled out small little bits of crust and fitted them into the tart pans, grabbed a handful blueberries and threw in the bottom of the crusts, and then filled the rest of the crust up with the custard filling. After baking until they were firm, let them cool and then I had to dig in!! Yum! Yum! 
John even approved...of course he covered his in whipped cream, while I preferred to eat them as they were. I stored them in the fridge and they were sweet and delicious and cold. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment, I absolutely loving reading them. You guys are the best :)