Wednesday, July 25, 2012

About Me


I figured I might as well introduce myself since I wrote my about me section today, but you are in luck cause this is my about me section with commentary. hooray you may say!!

I’m a mid-twenty-something.
^in fact i turn the big 26 in 47 days, yay september babies! {yep closer to 30 than 20, wasn't I just a teenager the other day!?}

I married the best guy I know on May 12, 2012.
^it's true! and you're gonna hear about!! plus i'm going to start sharing all my tips and tricks that i learned from being a bride along with all my handmade details in hopes that they will help someone else one day!



I’m currently a student of learning how to do this whole “being a wife” thing, as well as learning how to running our household. {and when I say household I mean tiny two bedroom apartment with only 3 windows.}
^i'm on day 74 of being a wife and so far so good i think. my husband is still glad he married me and i'm pretty ecstatic about that! i'm learning along the way how to love him more and be supportive to him. plus i'm developing a pretty sick grocery store routine that i will share as i perfect it more and more ;) 

I do love my state of Kentucky, I must admit though I’m partial to southern charm qualities over it’s others. #boarderstateissues
^i do love being a Kentucky girl and i adore southern charm. my dream house would have tall white columns with a large southern porch complete with ceiling fans.



With that being said I’m a fan of hospitality and there is none greater than that of the southern type.
^i dream of throwing dinner parties and gatherings with friends and family and always having my home "open" for others.

One of my greatest strengths and also weaknesses is that I pretty much think I can make anything, there are a lot of successes but also there are failures. 
^it's true. i always see something and think to myself "i can make that!" regardless if i'm successful or not and regardless as if i want to pull my hair out by the end of it.

I cook. A lot. And it’s apparently good. I’ve already spoiled my husband so much he’d rather have me cook something than go out and get that same thing at a restaurant. It’s a blessing and a curse.
^it's true. i'm not even aloud to order pizza! he prefers my pizza. {ok that's partly not 100%, i am allowed to order pizza but he would rather have mine and wishes i wouldn't order pizza, or go to a pizza place}

If something involves Jane Austen I’m in love with it, even if I don’t know what it is.
^truth. need i say more? of course not. i was once wearing my pride and prejudice tee at the grocery story and it started a very long conversation with the girl working the cheese counter in which she made it very difficult for me to stop talking to her and go about my business.



I enjoy a good book and the time to relax with it. 
^yep. i love to read. i love the way books are, feel, and look like. i enjoy reading them and making them well worn in. i dream of a home library {obviously in my dream house} and i love nothing more than all of my books in alphabetical order by author. i love getting cozy in my bed or a nice big comfy chair and reading a good book, give me coffee or tea and a scone and i'm in heaven. 

I’m pretty much in love with the color mustard yellow, I promise it’s a healthy obsession. 
^pretty much anything i pick i pick in this color, and pretty much everything my husband picks is the color blue. so i see lots of blue and yellow in our long life of decorating future. also i in fact have two different pairs of mustard yellow gloves, and i bought them in the same season. 

And last of all my favorite princess/fairytale character is Snow White and I confess that when I make apple pie it makes me feel like I’m am Snow White the only thing missing are my little birdie friends to help use their feet to crimp my pie crust for me. Alas, I just use a fork instead.
^she's awesome. and i even love her in Once Upon a Time, her look, her hair, her home, her style, her sweetness {love her!} and i just so happen to have wear my hair short and black...i promise it's not because of her but you can't help but notice the resemblance ;)


see what i mean?!? 

 

the cozy, shabby chic feel of her little house it perfect! now if only t he husband agreed with me...


That is it kidos!! A little intro into the whole of Erica. Thank for stickin' around :) 

love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment, I absolutely loving reading them. You guys are the best :)