Sunday, March 3, 2013

Creamy Potato & Kale Soup with Rosemary


Every Sunday my husband John and I have a post-church lunch time tradition: soup and grilled cheese. It started when that was the easiest thing I could gather for us after church a time or two and now it's expected! Except canned tomato soup and american cheese are big no-nos in this house! I'm kind of a snob about it! My apologies if you like those two food items. :)

This week I made a potato and kale soup! We LOVE kale. We eat it so much when it's in season at the farmers market i'm sure all the vitamin K makes our blood like syrup! Kidding, but serious. 

My apologies for not having step by step photos but I do have my Instagram pic of the soup :)



 Creamy Potato & Kale Soup with Rosemary

-2-3 tbsp olive oil
-4 garlic cloves, sliced
-1 to 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
-2 large potatoes, diced
-2 small/med yellow onions, diced
-bunch of chopped kale (about 6 cups)
-1 carton of veggie stock/broth 
-2 cups water
-1 cup heavy cream
-salt and pepper to taste


Heat large pot with the olive oil. 
Add garlic and rosemary. 
Cook until very fragrant. 
Add potatoes and onions.,sauté until cooked and lightly browned/crisp. 
Add broth and water and kale, bring to a boil. 
Reduce and cover with lid, leaving a crack for a little steam to get out. 
Boil until potatoes are tender with a fork. (Around 20 minutes) 
Remove rosemary stems, and add cream. 
Let heat through and then season with salt and pepper to taste. 
Serve with cheese on top if you like! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment, I absolutely loving reading them. You guys are the best :)